We finally had our first visitors and I was SO EXCITED! It was only fitting that it was my BFF since childhood. Mallory used to come on family vacations with us when I was younger, so it was fun to be vacationing together again. She came with her husband Daniel and they are big history buffs. Zach and I are not quiteeeee as into it as they are, but I think we definitely kept up! haha! We were getting 25,000 steps a day. She had a LONG list of things she wanted to see in just a couple of days, and although I didnt think it could be done, we did it! The night they got here we went to dinner at national harbor which was fun! Then the next day the sightseeing began! We went to the city and started at the Holocaust Museum. After we went through security the security guard asked me to remove the scissors from my purse. I was like oh I dont have scissors in there, you can look. And the guard said no, there are scissors in your purse, and we need you to remove them. WHOOPS! Had to toss those after trying to get into the Capital.
It was the PERFECT weather for walking around. And Arlington Cemetery looked so pretty with the fall colors showing.
Daniel is good friends with Adam (our good friends out here), so we met up with them for dinner. Immediately when we are with Adam and Carley we have to snatch Pearl. We LOVE her!! Seriously, have you seen a cuter smile?!
We did an hour long tour of the capital, which could/should have been done in about 10 min. But at least we've seen it now.
It was SUCH A FUN weekend having Mal here! And Daniel of course. I love that with Mallory we are always able to pick up right where we left off. I cant wait for the next visit, Mal!!









No comments:
Post a Comment